Elementary School Carnival Ideas

Friday, July 13, 2012

Healthy Fundraising Practices - chocolate bar fundraisers

Chocolate Bar Fundraisers

Fundraising Dilemma


I think we can all agree that children shouldn't be able to sell chocolates at school.  Still, I think we can all agree that offices everywhere love a good chocolate bar snack during the day.  I do.

There's nothing quite like a dollar bar sale at the reception desk for those days you just need a pick me up.  So, is it possible to offer chocolate bar fundraisers without the assumption that the kids will eat them all? 

I just think that the reality of a chocolate bar fundraiser is very different from what people think.  They think the chocolates are sold in the hallways - all of them - every time.

I actually think the kids bring them home and mom brings them to the office.  So, in the spirit of transparency, I think I need to be clear - schools should never allow chocolate bar sales at school.  They should, however, be able to send chocolates home to be sold.

Chime in if you'd like.  I'd love to hear from you!

Ok, until next time!

_________

www.BelieveKids.com
www.Twitter.com/BelieveKids
www.Facebook.com/BelieveKids
www.BelieveKids.com/Blog/
www.BelieveFundraising.Wordpress.com

No comments: