Elementary School Carnival Ideas

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Confession - Two Things I Say That My Parents Never Did...

I was just realizing that I do something that I want to confess.  Relatively frequently, I say something to my kids that was completely unheard of just a few years ago.  I realize now that my parents had their own threats.  Here are mine:

The first...


"I'm going to Facebook you"

So, I find myself saying this anytime my kids do something that I can take a photo of that would be compromising.  I don't mean that I would really put anything up that's bad but I can't help it.  It's fun to say.

The second...

"We should put that on YouTube!"

The only analogy is perhaps submitting a VHS tape to America's Funniest Home Videos years ago.  I think in terms of recording everything on video on my phone.  I would love to submit all the crazy stuff my boys do but saying it pretty much accomplishes it for me.

_____________________

We all love our technology these days! 

I even find the boys seriously suggesting that we make movies for posting online as well.  Pretty amazing that they get to grow up with iPads in the classroom, Smart Boards and such easy access to information.  I know they will benefit from the collaborative learning that will come out of using technology in the classroom. 

On a personal note.  I think it's amazing that they will be  growing up not knowing what it means to have no high-speed internet.  They are going to understand devices and technology in a completely new way.  Always connected.

Fun times!

Ok, until next time.

___________________

school fundraiser

No comments: