Elementary School Carnival Ideas

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Pledge Donation Drive for New School

I'm a little freaked out by what I said on the PTOToday.com messageboard today.  I know that I am supposed to support fundraisers but sometimes, I just can't.

The way I see it, it is a school's responsibility to create an environment where parents and the community want to help and assist in any way possible.

When a brand new school launches, the last thing they should do is ask for money up front.

My thought in a nut-shell: If a district doesn't have money to fund year one, don't open a new school.  Build something special then ask for help when you need it.  Don't ask for help before you've created something worth giving to because people just don't like it.


Take a look and see if I'm nuts:
http://www.ptotoday.com/boards/17-fundraising/154269-pledgedonation-drive

Thanks for looking!  Please comment below or on the PTOtoday.com website if you feel I'm in the clear or wrong as can be :)

No comments: