Elementary School Carnival Ideas

Monday, March 29, 2010

Yawning on the Phone When You Call Me is Bad.


Pet Peave Warning - Skip if you're not in the mood to hear my latest non-fundraising related rant.

There's just some things that escape me, and yawning on the phone is one of them.

I don't understand how some folks get through life without parents and schools and coworkers passing on some basic yet much needed info. I know it's Monday but just mute yourself or preferably make it funny for me. Yawning on the phone without a proper explanation is just strange for a few reasons:

1) It makes me feel like I am boring, which most of the time, I'm not.
2) It makes you seem like you have better, more leisurely things to do.
3) You give the impression I am your first call of the day or the last one before your nap.
4) It immediately makes me yawn back at you, which makes you yawn again.

I had 2 calls in a row like this just today.

Parents and educators: I know this sounds pretty picky but there's just things people need to know if they are going to make a good impression. We have to do the teaching. What we need to do is to speak up every chance we get! Let the young folk know that there are some simple things they should be learning - Things that people won't point out to them.

To the Yawners: If you are tired, take a nap. If you call me on the phone and want me to buy stuff from you or otherwise engage in some business activity, don't yawn without muting yourself or at least make a good joke of it with me.

End rant :)

3 comments:

vishal said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Awesome comment but because it's such pathetic spam I have to delete your post. I will just for fun put the text here so others can see it:

ARE YOU FED UP BY SEARCHING FOR A GOOD COLLEGE AND GOOD EDUCATION ? DON’T WASTE YOUR VALUABLE TIME, WE PROVIDE YOU DETAILS OF GOOD EDUCATIONAL COLLEGES AND OUR EXPERTS WILL GIVE YOU GOOD COUNSELING ABOUT YOUR FUTURE AND WE ALSO PROVIDE A WIDE RANGE OF EDUCATIONAL AND GENERAL KNOWLEDGE BOOKS.SO GO AHEAD AND click here
HAVE A BRIGHT FURTRE.
THANK YOU

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I yawn on the phone uncontrollably. I don't know why though. :(