Elementary School Carnival Ideas

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

YouTube and Education...

I have to say that YouTube will be a great resource for children. 

The problem is really with the prevalence of inappropriate content.  I'm not a proponent of censoring when it comes to schools and education or videos for that matter, but this past fall I had an eye opening moment. 

The recommended videos that pop up at the end sent someone to an adult themed video that was not appropriate for children.

Clearly, Google has some work to do in improving the relevance of videos and protecting children.  I don't want to be a supporter of censorship, but I do recommend schools and parents remain cautious of the content on YouTube.

It's just way too easy to go from 'Juggling' to 'Jiggling' if you know what I mean and with the present recommended videos being what they are, I believe there's still work to be done before YouTube is safe for kids but when it gets dialed in, it's gonna be amazing!

Ok, Until Next Time.

______________

Fundraising Videos

No comments: