Elementary School Carnival Ideas

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Oh my. I know people like the girl scout cookies but...

Oh my.  I know people like the girl scout cookies but I wonder if people are a bit jaded by it all.  Here's a comment I just ran across.  Take a look.

I do believe there is a distinct difference between the Girl Scout Cookie Program and other "fundraising" by youth groups. The Cookie Program has distinct program aspects and is a money earning activity for the Girl Scout Troops. Girls gain 5 distinct skills through the program - goal setting; decision making; money management; people skills; and (perhaps most importantly) business ethics. It's more than the product and the money. It's about skills that will serve girls forever.

So, how is that any different from the lessons learned in any other "fundraising" by youth groups?

Ok, until next time!

______________________

elementary school fundraiser blog
cookie fundraiser

No comments: