Elementary School Carnival Ideas

Friday, April 22, 2011

Introduction to this BelieveJay Elementary School Fundraising Blog

Every once in a while, I believe it's a good thing to take a step back and put this blog into perspective. I'll make it short and sweet and quickly give you a quick synopsis of what you can gain from the blog.

Hopefully when you get a bit more confident with me and my style, you'll subscribe, comment and share but I ask only if you feel you are getting value from my blog.

First off, my name is Jay Moneta and I am a husband and a father.  I am also a fundraising professional.  My expertise is in elementary school fundraising and I spend my work hours innovating and ensuring that schools succeed wildly at their fundraisers. 

I also believe that fundraising is changing for the better. 

Right now, offering value and quality while supporting schools is the key.  Happy parents equals happy schools and that means that fundraising can succeed, get out of the way and allow teachers to create those lasting bonds with parents and students that as responsible for creating amazing, well-balanced, ambitious and positive individuals.

Here I write about improving education and relationships.  I believe fundraising is a big part of that.  I believe in less, more productive fundraising so education can take shape easier, without distraction.  Having said that, I believe funding for technology, teaching aides and other items (including salaries in some districts) is needed in large measure.  While Government funding shrinks and fundraising becomes harder, someone needs to step up to change the way we look at fundraising, kids and education.  I hope I can contribute in some small way to changing our impression of fundraising and shining a light on the needs of education.

So, enough of that.  If you read my blog regularly, you'll pick up on some fun educational resources, common sense strategies to running a parent group and of course fundraising advice and inspiration.  I know a few folks just follow just because too... and that's just fine by me.

Here's to a great weekend!

No comments: